When it comes to diet, one factor that plays a huge part is carbohydrates. It is either you want this to be included in your diet or limit its presence, which of course has to depend on the instructions of your dietitian. While these are some dieters who are very particular in the presence of carbohydrates in their diet, there are some people who do not mind this subject at all. Why? This is because they are well informed on the difference of the bad carbs from the good ones. They also understand the issue concerning the lowdown on glycemis load, which plays a huge role in the level of blood sugars of your body.
What is the effect of the glycemic load no your diet? Here are some of the things you must know about glycemic load on your diet:
- Makes the task of losing weight easier and prevents the feared diet plateau.
- Enables your body to burn more calories than the ones it stored
- Aids in the prevention of the insulin resistance and the worrisome illness of diabetes
- Maintains the level of your blood sugar consistent
- Lessens the risks of suffering in various heart diseases
Below are some foods that contain 10 or less of the glycemic load:
- Soy, pinto, garbanzo, kidney, and black beans
- Vegetables rich in fibers such as green peas, carrots, grapefruit, and watermelon
- Cereals that are made from pure bran
- Peanuts and cashew
- Tomato juice
- Tortillas (whole wheat)
Foods with 20 or more glcemic load:
- Sugar-rich beverages
- White pasta
- Dates and raisins
- Cheese and macaroni
As you see, it is very important for most people, especially those suffering from diabetes, to maintain the level of the glycemic in their diets in order to keep the blood sugar level safe.